10:30 a.m. update: Sooners snag WR Gardner
CAMPUS CORNER — There aren’t many big signing-day ceremonies for junior college transfers, but that did not reduce the impact this morning of Courtney Gardner‘s decision to join the Sooners.
The receiver from Sierra College in Rocklin, Calif., sent in his LOI to OU at 10:22 a.m. He had committed to Arkansas in December, but the Sooners felt more and more as if he was leaning their way. Turns out he was. It’s a good signing-day get for OU. Arkansas was already dealing with the top-ranked receiver, Dorial Green-Beckham, choosing Missouri over it.
The 6-foot-3, 215-pound Gardner joins a loaded WR class for OU. Seventeen letters are in today (not counting the players who enrolled in January), and four are from receivers. Derrick Woods, though, could wind up playing defense. Sterling Shepard and Durron Neal are the others. Neal’s letter was the first in this morning, at 7:01 a.m.
Twenty-three total letters are in, leaving only a couple out there – a couple of Florida prospects, TE Laith Harlow and LB Eric Striker. They’re thought to be firm commitments. The only other prospect that OU is really in the mix with is Arizona JUCO RB Damien Williams, who will choose between Texas Tech and the Sooners.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14189Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12474Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 11484OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9977Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8873Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 7409Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 7240Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 5050Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4865Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 4264'Hatchet hitchhiker' arrested after attorney found dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients