Big 12 source: schedule “getting close” but not done
CAMPUS CORNER — Perhaps the idea of the Big 12 schedule coming out today was merely wishful thinking on the part of Texas Tech AD Kirby Hocutt.
Someone within the league told me this morning that officials are “getting close,” but they’re still not quite there. So maybe West Virginia’s legal matters with the Big East are not fully resolved — or at least as far along as Hocutt thinks they are. Can’t blame Hocutt for his optimism, but it sounds as if there’s a good chance the wait continues into next week.
Again, on OU’s front, the Sooners are essentially set on their pair of open non-conference dates — it’s just a matter of the Big 12 schedule coming out first, before those are truly finalized. And maybe there’s still wiggle room to keep OU-Texas on Oct. 6, but, at last check, it sounded as if it was going back a week to Oct. 13.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13571Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11780Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5526Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5480Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4547OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4292Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4042How to help tornado victims
- 3705Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 3691Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3323Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients