Travis Lewis warming up, expected to play
TALLY, Fla — The buzz about Travis Lewis playing in this game started last night and built steam until the team arrived this afternoon at Doak Campbell Stadium.
Minutes ago, Lewis led out the linebackers and defensive linemen, skipping and looking very healthy. The leading tackler in 2010 told people this week that he did expect to play, despite saying Monday morning he would not.
Lewis had this game circled, wanting to come back from the broken toe in his left foot, sustained during preseason camp.
Now, how much of a factor will Lewis be? Who knows? He’s missed a month and has to be rusty, but he’s an all-conference-type player. I cannot imagine Lewis playing winds up being the difference in OU winning or losing. But, at the very least, he gives the team an emotional lift for this big road test.
If you’re going, wait, Bob Stoops said Lewis wouldn’t play. Read and listen carefully. He said he didn’t “expect” Lewis to play. He never flatly said he wouldn’t. Lewis did say that, but, then again, he said Sunday he did plan to play.
Stoops said Wednesday he did expect RT Daryl Williams to play – but Williams is not suited up, that we can tell. Lane Johnson will make his first start at RT, opposite athletic FSU end Bjoern Werner.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 17374Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 16681Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 7769Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients