Free throws could be key in Bedlam
Oklahoma State senior guard Keiton Page scored 40 points in a win over Texas in the Cowboys’ most recent game. Page got half those points at the line, going 20-for-20 at the charity stripe.
“You have to stay down on Keiton Page,” said OU point guard Carl Blair. “He pump fakes a lot. You have to stay on the floor. Every time we’ve played him he’s gotten to the free throw line a lot. You have to minimize that and make people shoot over you.”
How the Sooners fare at the free throw line could impact the Bedlam outcome Wednesday night at Lloyd Noble Center. In the first meeting, a 72-65 OSU win, the Cowboys outscored OU by 10 points at the line, a recent trend.
In OU’s loss last week against Texas the Longhorns owned an overwhelming 24-5 edge in points off free throws. During a six-game losing streak every opponent has made more free throws than the Sooners. In fact, OU hasn’t outscored an opponent at the line since a win over Texas Tech a month ago.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17340Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17005OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 13213Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11218Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 9481Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7832Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7484Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7128Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 7070Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6266Train engineer's vision problems led to deadly Oklahoma wreck, NTSB rules
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients