Sooners NFL Combine update: Fleming standing out
CAMPUS CORNER — I said I was not quite sure what to expect from former Oklahoma cornerback Jamell Fleming today at the NFL Combine. Suffice it to say that I underestimated him.
I thought Fleming would excel at the ball/hip drills, but I didn’t know about the 40 and the other measureables. But …
Bench: 23 reps
40: 4:43 seconds
Wow. On both. Fleming’s strength is his, well, strength, but I didn’t realize he would be able to elevate the 225-pound bar that many times – second of all defensive backs, behind only Arizona State’s Omar Bolden‘s 24 reps.
Some DBs are still running the 40 right now, but his time is tied for seventh — and that’s excellent considering the kind of speedsters in Indy. (The current top time, for instance, is 4.31.)
Let’s see how Fleming finishes in the shuttles, cones and jumps.
Fleming stood out to scouts during the Senior Bowl practices, as well as the game itself, and what he’s doing today should only help him. Don’t think he’s a first-day guy, but Fleming might be climbing toward early part of the second round.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12604Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10239Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9732Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9189Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6670Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4472Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 4240Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 4180Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 3744Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 3718Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients