Jarion Henry to go Juco route
Jarion Henry, son of former Oklahoma standout Skeeter Henry, will not be be playing for the Sooners next season.
OU coach Lon Kruger said after a season-ending 62-53 loss to Texas A&M Wednesday night at the Big 12 Tournament that Henry will be attending junior college next season.
Henry originally committed to New Mexico but didn’t qualify academically. Henry, playing at LaJolla Prep in San Diego, signed with OU in late November.
A 6-foot-9 left-hander Henry averaged 14.8 points, 13.1 rebounds and 8.6 assists to lead Dallas Kimball to the Class 4A state title two years ago.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients