BREAKING: Pac-12 says it will not expand
CAMPUS CORNER — The Pac-12 just released a statement saying it will not expand, that it’s happy with 12 members.
Here is the text.
PAC-12 AFFIRMS DECISION NOT TO EXPAND
WALNUT CREEK, Calif.– In light of the widespread speculation about potential scenarios for Conference re-alignment, the Pac-12 Presidents and Chancellors have affirmed their decision to remain a 12-team conference. Pac-12 Commissioner Larry Scott said, “after careful review we have determined that it is in the best interests of our member institutions, student-athletes and fans to remain a 12-team conference. While we have great respect for all of the institutions that have contacted us, and certain expansion proposals were financially attractive, we have a strong conference structure and culture of equality that we are committed to preserve. With new landmark TV agreements and plans to launch our innovative television networks, we are going to focus solely on these great assets, our strong heritage and the bright future in front of us.””
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17776Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 14796Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11428Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11084'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10542Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 9183Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 8337OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6864Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6373Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 5941Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients