Kruger wins award
Oklahoma men’s basketball coach Lon Kruger won the 2012 Coaches vs. Cancer Champion award, presented annually to a college coach who has significantly engaged in the program’s fundraising, education and promotion initiatives in the fight to save lives from cancer.
A member of the Coaches vs. Coaches council the past five years, Kruger has hosted a Coaches vs. Cancer golf tournament in Las Vegas. The annual event has raised more than $750,000. In addition, Kruger has raised more than $30,000 for an American Cancer Society program that provides summer camp access to children with cancer and their siblings.
“All families have been touched by cancer in some way,” Kruger said. “Many college coaches are doing their part to fight this terrible disease.”
The Champion Award was presented to Kruger during last weekend’s Final Four in New Orleans.The Coaches vs. Cancer Champion Award was instituted in 1996. Former Missouri coach Norm Stewart received the inaugural citation.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36528Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32802Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32453Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8406Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5462OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3890Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 3494College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3313George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3240Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
- 3193Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients