UConn and OU well short of Fiesta Bowl ticket allotments
Anyone looking for tickets to the Fiesta Bowl?
Well, Oklahoma and Connecticut still have plenty to sell.
The Fiesta Bowl distributed 17,500 tickets to OU and UConn each, and both schools are on the hook to sell them all.
Problem is, UConn had sold only 4,000 tickets as of Monday night. OU doesn’t release ticket sales, but a UConn official told our Berry Tramel the Sooners were only doing a little better with 8,000 tickets sold at the beginning of the week. And that’s including the Ticket for Troops promotion where fans are encouraged to buy bowl tickets and that can be donated to military personnel stationed in the area of the bowl game.
The good news for the Sooners is that any of their unsold tickets are picked up by the Big 12 Conference.
But the Huskies won’t be so lucky. The Big East does not carry the same policy. Meaning UConn would have to fit the bill for what is now roughly $2.5 million in unsold tickets.
And because the Fiesta Bowl payout of $17 million will be distributed among the Big East members, UConn stands to lose a boatload of money for playing in a BCS bowl.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101883Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 13737Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10731Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 9553OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 8470Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7788How to help tornado victims
- 7217Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 7121Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 6843Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 5845Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients