UConn safety doesn’t make trip to Arizona
Connecticut faces a daunting challenge in the Fiesta Bowl in containing Oklahoma’s high-flying passing attack.
Now, the Huskies will have to do it without nickelback Mike Lang.
Lang, one of UConn’s three primary safeties, did not make the trip to Phoenix due to grades. It’s the second straight year Lang has been an academic casualty and missed a bowl game. Lang was seventh on the team with 41 tackles and had two interceptions.
“It hurts us in terms of depth at the position,” defensive coordinator Hank Hughes said.
With Lang out, Hughes could turn to junior Kijuan Dabney to fill the void in the nickel defense. Dabney has 18 tackles on the season.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 87104Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16817OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12528Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 9682Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 8951Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8846Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8700How to help tornado victims
- 8573Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 7011Excessive speed, alcohol, operator inattention contributed to fatal boat crash, report states
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients