Whitney Hand expected back for TCU
Oklahoma quarterback Landry Jones said Monday that his girlfriend, OU women’s basketball guard Whitney Hand, is planning to make her season debut Sunday at TCU.
Hand has missed the entire season after undergoing offseason knee surgery to repair an ACL tear. The same injury also sat her all but the first five games of last season.
Hand, the Big 12 Freshman of the Year two seasons ago, was originally scheduled to return in February. But she recovered ahead of schedule, and now will get to play in her native Fort Worth.
Said Jones: “She gets to go back to her hometown and do it there, which is really cool.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 3510College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3369George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3261Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients