Starting Friday: Counting down the best wins and worst losses of the Bob Stoops era
NORMAN — We are 15 weeks from Oklahoma’s football season opener on Saturday, Sept. 1 at UTEP.
And so, to make your weeks a little more bearable until then, I will bring you two countdowns on the OU sports blog: The 15 worst OU football losses in the Bob Stoops era, and the 15 best wins in the Bob Stoops era.
Each Friday at 10 a.m., starting tomorrow, I’ll release that week’s worst loss. Three hours later at 1 p.m., you’ll get that week’s best win.
I’ll post the score, where it was played and why I think it belongs where it is on the list. Then, I’ll provide The Oklahoman’s column from that game, video (if I can find a good one) and the newspaper’s sports front page from the next day.
The No. 1 worst loss and best win in the Stoops era will be released Friday, Aug. 31.
I’ve based my lists on the expectations for the Sooners entering the game, its implications (what the outcome meant in historical context and/or moving forward) and how the game was won or lost (level of play, officiating, etc.).
Lists like these are obviously subjective, so please let me know what you think in the blog’s comments section or in an e-mail.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 56551Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 34585Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32288Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 9582Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 8789Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5674Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 3757OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3628George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3382Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 3185Oklahoma weather:Tornado touches down in east Edmond
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients