UPDATED: Kameel Jackson enrolled, on scholarship at Louisiana-Monroe
Note: This post was updated at 5:15 p.m. with ULM confirmation of Jackson’s transfer.
NORMAN — Kameel Jackson has again announced his intent to transfer on Twitter.
This time, though, it seems his new school was expecting him.
Jackson, who was dismissed from Oklahoma’s football team, tweeted that he’s “officially” a student-athlete at Louisiana-Monroe.
Friday afternoon, Louisiana-Monroe director of media relations Alex Edwards confirmed that Jackson is practicing with the team, is enrolled at ULM and is on scholarship.
Jackson’s older brother, Kenzee, has also transferred to ULM; he had been at Texas A&M-Commerce.
Last year as a true freshman at OU, Jackson had 12 catches for 165 yards. He started two games for the Sooners, with career highs in a 3-catch, 45-yard outing against Iowa in the Insight Bowl.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients