Bob Stoops: Nila Kasitati has returned to the practice field and is ‘good as ever’
NORMAN — Redshirt freshman offensive lineman Nila Kasitati has returned to the practice field and is doing well following his heart surgery a couple weeks ago, coach Bob Stoops said Tuesday.
“Nila has been practicing all this week so far and doing everything,” Stoops said. “He looks as good as ever.”
Kasitati’s surgery was for a heart condition he’s dealt with for a long time; the condition was not life threatening.
Stoops said Kasitati could end up as the Sooners’ backup center to junior Gabe Ikard.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 25585Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 23461Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7978Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7892Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients