Multiple OU freshman to play against UTEP
Zack Sanchez, probably.
But, actually, there are so many freshman that coach Bob Stoops is planning on playing this Saturday against UTEP, that he forgot one key one: Trey Metoyer.
“Oh yeah,” Stoops said. “Trey continues to be one of the best athletes we have. He makes as competitive a catch as anyone we’ve had. He has those really strong hands.”
Stoops has said before that the team will try to keep the players from redshirting if they can. They want their young guys to be seeing the field and gaining experience, especially when one of the wide receivers continually draws comparisons from last year’s Sooners star Ryan Broyles.
“He’s kind of a sturdier Ryan Broyles in that he’s got those kind of quickness in those inside moves,” Stoops said. “He’s just so much stronger body wise.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 46837Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15035Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9615Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8305Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8125Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7398Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 7351Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 6838Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6723Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 5826How to help tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients