By the Numbers: A closer look at UTEP
By Anthony Slater – Aslater@opubco.com - @anthonyVslater
10 – Career touchdown passes for UTEP’s Nick Lamaison. The Miners quarterback is inexperienced (nine career starts) and streaky (4-5 record with 10 interceptions). Meanwhile, Landry Jones, the counterpart he slightly called out earlier this week, has thrown 93 touchdowns in his 38 career starts (29 of them wins).
0 – Bowl wins for UTEP over the past 45 years . The Miners beat Ole Miss in the 1967 Sun Bowl, but since then have only appeared in, and lost, five bowl games. Their last two have been blowout defeats, falling 52-24 to BYU in the 2010 New Mexico Bowl and 45-13 to Toledo in the 2005 GMAC Bowl. During UTEP’s winless timeframe, dating back to that 1967 season, Oklahoma has been to 33 bowl games and won 20.
10 – Missed field goals by UTEP kickers last season. Dakota Warren, who is now the backup, went an unimpressive 13-22 overall, including 5-11 from the 30-39 range. Steven Valdez, the Miners expected starter, went 1-2 overall. By contrast, OU only missed three, going 25-28 overall.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 33271Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 24362Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6895OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6548Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4476OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4156Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3398Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3362Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3190Oklahoma City Thunder: The time has come for OKC's young players
- 3174Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients