Q&A With Offensive Lineman Adam Shead
How does your preparation change between last year’s season opener and this year?
Last year’s season opener, I really wasn’t supposed to play a lot. I don’t want to say I didn’t’ take it as serious, but I am taking it more serious this year, so getting in and watching extra film, I watched film on Sunday. Yesterday, today. Just going to keep on going and getting prepared.
Is it weird to open on the road?
Not really. I really didn’t think about it like that. I thought it was exciting. I like traveling to other places and meeting people in their homes or playing games in their homes.
Did starting at the end of last year help?
Yeah because it’s more so just like, ‘Ok, this is your spot. You’ve got to do something with it now.’ Everybody’ trusting me to do what I have to do and do what I need to do.
Talking about all the butterflies you had last year when you first found out you were going to play, is all that gone?
Yeah. Obviously there’s just that little preparation nervousness, like ‘Oh crap, We got a game.’ But other than that, it’s not as bad as it was last year.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11867Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11199Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 7813Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7743Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4737Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4255OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3606Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 3568Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3561Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3556How to help tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients