Landry Jones’ thoughts on the plays he could and couldn’t make last season to this
That play on third-and-3 when Jones dropped back for a slant pass to Dom Whaley (that Whaley subsequently dropped)? Jones doesn’t think that one would have happened last year.
“Maybe not that one,” Jones said. “I could see that one, where I had to step up and flush out I think working on the offseason that play payed off for me for sure.”
Had Whaley caught the pass, he likely would have run it in for a touchdown. As for Jones’ work in the offseason, he tried to improve his mobility in and outside of the pocket during spring break when he worked with quarterback instructor George Whitfield.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17205Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9411Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9383Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6982Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6824Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6420Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6294Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6021UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6010Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5537Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients