Nathan Jeffery named Conference USA Player of the Week for performance vs. Oklahoma
Jeffery, who rushed for 177 yards on 21 carries and scored a touchdown on a blocked-punt return, became the first UTEP player to earn the league’s player of the week honor since 2010.
“He made some courageous runs,” said UTEP coach Mike Price, according to the El Paso Times.
Jeffery strained a groin in the third quarter of Saturday’s loss. When he left the game, the Sooners led 10-7 and Jeffery’s last three carries had gone for 20, 71 and 12 yards.
Price said Jeffery will probably play in the Miners’ next game against Ole Miss.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 31040Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15616Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10323Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9726Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9655Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8284Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8255Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7508Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 7162Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6434UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients