Oklahoma 69, FAMU 13: Postgame thoughts on the Sooners’ offensive performance
* One big problem that continues to hurt Landry Jones is that he’s still telegraphing many of his passes. Most of the stadium knows where he’s going with the ball before he throws it, and that’s going to be a problem once OU gets into Big 12 play.
* Kenny Stills continues to look incredible catching the ball. His one-handed grab in the first quarter — and the fact that he held onto it despite taking a crushing hit — was very impressive. He’s clearly Jones’ No. 1 target right now, as he should be.
* After Ryan Broyles went down last season, Jones sputtered without the receiver he’d come to rely too on much. Is it possible that he’s becoming overly-reliant on Stills this year?
* The ovation Sterling Shepard got from the crowd after making his first career reception was really cool. Shepard finished with 3 catches for 48 yards; I expect his role to continue to expand in this offense as the season goes.
* Damien Williams is showing the potential to be a great OU running back. He’s got size and strength to go with his breakaway speed, and through two games he looks like a star, and looks like he might be the Sooners’ starter before too long.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 81977Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32354Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 27598Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 23828Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 15915Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 8307Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7696Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 7650Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
- 7465Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday
- 7362Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients