Gabe Ikard’s biggest concern with the 2012 offensive line
He doesn’t feel like he and the offensive line have done a great job keeping the opponent from getting to Landry Jones, that’s why the offensive captain’s biggest concern right now is the number of sacks the Sooners have given up.
Jones was sacked once on Saturday against Florida A&M but was sacked three times against UTEP in Oklahoma’s season opener in El Paso. Backup quarterback Blake Bell was also sacked twice in Saturday’s 69-13 win against the Rattlers.
That’s a total of six sacks in two games on two quarterbacks.
“I think we gave up in the regular season something like eight sacks last year … and a couple of those are backup guys in there,but there’s no excuse us giving up that many hits on the quarterback in two games,” Ikard said. “That’s just inexcusable.
“We’ve been working hard on pass protection and play action game. That’s something we need to correct.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90701Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 63579Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 37826Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters
- 34889Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13810Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12671Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 12126Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11226How to help tornado victims
- 10002At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients