Does Oklahoma have Kansas State’s number?
15 years ago — in 1997.
And Bill Snyder’s record against the Sooners? Since 1996, he’s 3-7. Against Bob Stoops? Snyder is 1-7.
The Sooners have won by escape acts and blowouts, like last year’s 58-17 decision in Manhattan. That’s why Snyder wouldn’t buy into the idea of this game as a rivalry.
“I don’t know that we’ve been as competitive as I’d have liked,” Snyder said.
The one Kansas State triumph over Oklahoma in the last 15 years is the most memorable, the 35-7 ambush in the 2003 Big 12 championship game at Arrowhead Stadium. It marks the lone loss for Stoops against his former boss.
Otherwise, Stoops absorbed well the lessons learned from working with Snyder on Iowa’s staff in the 1980s and on Kansas State’s staff from 1989-95, the final five as co-defensive coordinator.
“I worked the scout-team defense against his offense every day for five years,” Stoops said. “The attention to detail, the determination, the focus in your team’s preparation are some things that I always remember.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36528Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32802Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32453Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8406Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5462OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3890Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 3494College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3313George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3240Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
- 3193Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients