Video: Arkansas coach John L. Smith wants you to smile
By Anthony Slater – Aslater@opubco.com - @anthonyVslater
More than other sports, college football seems to provide just enough pressure and stress to temporarily break a man, causing a rational guy to do some strange and irrational things.
But it seems like it’s been a while — too long — since we’ve had a good college football coaching rant.
The last viral one I can remember came early last season, when the Coastal Carolina coach (who looks strangely similar to the virtual avatar of Oklahoman writer Mike Baldwin) let his hometown media know how much he loved dogs. Video here.
But we finally have our first candidate for 2012.
After two embarrassing home losses, one to Louisiana-Monroe (FCS) and the other a 52-0 beating by Alabama, Arkansas coach John L. Smith has been under some recent scrutiny.
But he’s trying to keep spirits around the Razorback program up.
And what better way to do that than awkwardly demanding that everyone SMILE!! Even the media members who are not affiliated with the team.
It may not produce the longevity and complexity of past coaching rants, but it’s the best we’ve had in a while. So enjoy.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17743Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 11674Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10443Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 10260OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10191Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9850Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9805Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5194Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5144Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
- 4631'Hatchet hitchhiker' arrested after attorney found dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients