Oklahoma football: Don’t give up on 2012
A theme has emerged from a good number of OU football fans: Start playing for next season. Bench Landry Jones, insert Blake Bell and start planning for 2013.
Of course, it’s madness on many fronts, starting with this one. 2012 remains a land of opportunity for the Sooners. They didn’t play well at UTEP, and Landry played awful against Kansas State. But that doesn’t mean OU is spiraling toward a 6-6 season.
Admittedly, it could happen. But it doesn’t have to. Look at it this way. Let’s say OU loses at Lubbock, and at Morgantown, and at Fort Worth, and even at Ames. That’s five losses. Which would be a disastrous season. But even with five losses, you still want to tank the games against Texas, Notre Dame and OSU?
You want to all in on 2013 and not Notre Dame? You want to plan for the future and take your lumps in the Cotton Bowl? You don’t care if your Bedlam losing streak reaches two?
Hey, even if the national championship carrot is gone, and it virtually, and even if the Big 12 title hopes have vamooshed, which they haven’t, there’s still a lot of good Saturdays to be had, if the Sooners find their footing. If they play well and Landry takes care of the ball.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 20729Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17578Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 11978Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 10703Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 8989Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8551Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 8339Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 7784Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 4976Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
- 4468Woman arrested on complaint of offering to engage in act of prostitution in Midwest City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients