Bob Stoops and assistants have discussed getting Damien Williams more carries
This time, though, Stoops volunteered the discussions he’s had with his coaching staff about Williams when asked if any players will see increased playing time. Last week, he was asked directly about Williams.
“We’ve brought up that we want to get Damien more carries and more opportunities,” Stoops said.
“It’s just based on practice and what we’ve seen in games to this point. He’s been really strong taking care of the football, but also making big plays and getting extra yards.”
Through three games, Williams leads Oklahoma with 293 rushing yards and five touchdowns. He’s scored on touchdown runs of 65- and 89-yards.
Even after Williams’ success in OU’s first two games, the junior-college transfer from Arizona Western received just 10 carries, gaining 36 yards, in the Sooners’ loss to Kansas State on Sept. 22.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15991OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 14570Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 9562Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 9374Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 9102'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 8275Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 7661Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7564Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 7457Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7060Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients