Stoops: With no more byes, injury concerns mean having to ‘watch it’ in practices
NORMAN — Now that Oklahoma has already been through both of its 2012 regular-season bye weeks, the Sooners have nine straight weeks of a brutal Big 12 schedule, starting with Saturday’s game at Texas Tech.
Sooners coach Bob Stoops was asked if he’ll change anything practice-wise because of the long stretch of games — and possible injuries that could result from it.
“Injuries in today’s game are an issue for everybody,” Stoops said. “You get thin real fast, so the more you go good-on-good, you’re always susceptible to get someone banged up.
“If you don’t, you’re worried about making the strides you need to in practice. You have to watch it. You have to get some against each other and you have to keep trying to develop players that haven’t played as much in practice as well.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14121OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 13945Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 8893Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6932Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5880Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5330Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 5280Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4654Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 4299Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 4082'Hatchet hitchhiker' arrested after attorney found dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients