Damien Williams: Coaches haven’t told him to expect more carries
But apparently Stoops hasn’t talked to Williams about it.
“No, he hasn’t told me that personally,” Williams said Tuesday when asked about Stoops’ comments.
“I feel like I’m ready. If not, I don’t think he would say that.”
Williams leads the Sooners with 293 rushing yards and five touchdowns on the season, but only got 10 carries in OU’s Sept. 22 loss to Kansas State.
Senior Dominique Whaley started the K-State game and is still listed as the first-team back on OU’s depth chart.
“I’m fine with 10 (carries),” Williams said. “I’m fine with just one, as long as I get to go out there and help my team get the ‘W.’”
When asked if he feels like he’s competing for carries with Whaley and junior Brennan Clay, Williams said he doesn’t.
“We’re all just working as a team,” Williams said. “Nobody’s fighting for this; nobody’s fighting for that. We embraced everything.
“We’re actually doing fine. Some people probably think otherwise, but we’re actually really close.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 13567Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 12400Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 6766Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients