Oklahoma basketball trains with Navy SEALs
If two hours of a grueling Navy SEALs workout wasn’t tough enough, the Oklahoma men’s basketball team did it in 95 degree weather.
The Sooners also did a 90-minute classroom session with Navy SEALs Chief Special Warfare Operator Rob Stella that focused on mental toughness.
Also emphasized was the notion that learning from other peoples’ mistakes is not possible. You have to experience failure in order to learn for yourself. The key is responding to the failure.
“When failure slaps you in the face,” said Stella, “don’t let it own you.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 83313Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 56374Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 33323Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 23846Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 23231Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8483Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 8265Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters
- 8253Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
- 7999Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 7772Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients