Courtney Gardner will visit Oklahoma for Oct. 27 game against Notre Dame
Gardner, a junior-college transfer from Sierra Community College in Roseville, Calif., signed with Oklahoma in February, but couldn’t get academically qualified in time to join the Sooners for the 2012 season.
He told The Oklahoman in a message that he’ll visit Norman for the Oct. 27 home game against Notre Dame.
The 6-foot-3, 215-pound receiver with 4.4 speed is expected to enroll at OU in January and have two seasons of eligibility.
Gardner isn’t playing football at all this fall after racking up 1,099 receiving yards and 13 touchdowns last season for Sierra.
If Kenny Stills stays at Oklahoma for his senior season, the Sooners will only lose senior Justin Brown from this year’s deep receiver corps.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 82236Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32719Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 31236Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 27663Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 24708Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8346Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7879Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
- 7784Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 7479Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday
- 7384Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients