Notre Dame’s band will hold a free, gameday rehearsal at Noble High School on Oct. 27
Even if you don’t have a ticket to the Oct. 27 OU-Notre Dame football clash on Owen Field, you can hear the Irish’s “Victory March” and watch the band perform on gameday — just a few miles south of Norman.
The Notre Dame band will practice on Noble High School’s football field in a rehearsal that is free and open to the public, Noble High band director Fred Queen wrote in an email to the school district’s employees.
According to Queen’s email, the Irish band will rehearse from approximately 1:15 to 2:30 p.m. on gameday in Noble’s stadium, which is in the midst of a massive renovation.
The Noble football team is playing its first season on new artificial turf, and an impressive new field house is under construction just north of the field.
Noble High School is located at 4601 East Etowah Road.
Full disclosure: I’m a Noble native and Noble High alumnus. My grandmother, parents and many friends still live there. If any event this exciting has happened in my hometown over my lifetime, I sure can’t remember it. I can’t stress how neat this is for the school and the city. If you decide to visit the Rose Rock Capital of the World on Oct. 27, be sure to eat at Kendall’s and order the chicken fried steak. You won’t regret it.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15918Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8813OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6389Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5669Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5503OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4915Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4833Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3560Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3491Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 3466As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients