Oklahoma football: Ranking the Red River blowouts
For the fourth time in the Bob Stoops era, OU has whipped Texas with an historic rout. Let’s rank the four blowouts:
1. 2000: OU 63-14. The 10th-ranked Sooners led the 11th-ranked Longhorns 42-0 at halftime. The rout ushered the Sooners back into the national elite.
2. 2012: OU 63-21. The 13th-ranked Sooners led 36-2 at halftime and had allowed only two first downs. The rout suggests that the Big 12 title and BCS contention still could be achieved.
3. 2003: OU 65-13. The top-ranked Sooners led 37-13 at halftime, though Vince Young’s amazing run gave ‘Horn fans reason to return in the second half. The rout elevated OU into discussions as greatest team of all time.
4. 2011: OU 55-17. The Sooners led 34-10 at halftime and waltzed with three defensive touchdowns. The rout was OU’s last hurrah – the Sooners were upset by Texas Tech two weeks later and finished 10-3.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 56820Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14719Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9122Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7282Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6520Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6448How to help tornado victims
- 6374Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6257Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6000Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 5062Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients