Oklahoma football: More Cotton Bowl plumbing problems
Before noon Saturday, a Cotton Bowl plumbing report had landed in my inbox. And it was not a good report.
“Before the end of the first quarter … the main restroom next to the main entrance (was) flooded and shut down,” Craig Blankenship wrote. “I got video. When they figured out what I was doing, they ordered me to stop like they were the Gestapo. I have video and pics. I Also have pics of sewer water bubbling up out of drains on the main concourse . In the exact same place as last year!”here. Dallas mayor Mike Rawlings vowed to get the Cotton Bowl plumbing fixed, but the 80-year-old stadium didn’t cooperate.
I gave the Cotton Bowl a “F” in my OU report card, and another OU fan emailed me. Dee Ross wrote “Your F grade for the Cotton Bowl restrooms is generous. The women’s restroom under Section 133 flooded pregame from a toilet overflowing. Water poured out spreading from stall to stall. Apparently, nobody knew how to shut the water off and, adding insult to injury, there was no hand washing soap at the sinks. Seriously, can’t Cotton Bowl officials do a pregame flush test and keep plumbers on site?”
I’m telling you, folks. This is serious business. The right person or persons has to walk through sewage, and OU-Texas is headed home and home quicker than you can say E.Z. Million.
“We saw water literally coming from the floor drain and running everywhere,” Blankenship said. “They were mopping and cleaning with bleach quickly as they could. One fan actually told me he would rather wade through sewer water versus play in Jerry world. I just said , ‘wow, you have high standards for you and your family.’ What really got me was watching it come up and flow right out of the floor drains! Gross.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13287Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 12869OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 11351Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 10099Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8083Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5913Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 5414Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5337Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 4941Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4209Several factors come into play on whether Kevin Martin returns to Thunder
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients