Oklahoma football: Notre Dame tickets in hot demand
The OU-Notre Dame ticket appears to be the hottest in Sooner history. All kinds of reports of people paying into the thousands of dollars. End-zone seats in the $700 range.
“It’s a good game,” Bob Stoops said. “Doesn’t surprise me.”
Steve Owens told our man John Rohde that fellow Heisman Trophy winners had called, trying to get a lead on tickets. If Heisman winners can’t get tickets, who can?
I don’t know who to tell you to call for tickets. But I tell you who not to call. Don’t call Stoops. Unless you’ve called him to see Florida A&M or Idaho State or Tennessee-Chattanooga.
Stoops said he’s been getting calls about Notre Dame tickets “shoot, the last three, four, five, six months. I’ve had a whole bunch of people trying to get to the game. I said no. Real simple. If you haven’t been before, you’re not coming now. That was my motto for the national championship in 2000 as well.”
Stoops said he told people, “I’ve been here a long time, I haven’t seen you yet. You’re not coming to this one.” He’s a hard man, but unapologetic. “Doesn’t take me more than five seconds to say no,” Stoops said.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients