Notre Dame’s George Atkinson III out for game against Sooners
Notre Dame will play without one of its top running backs and kick returners in Saturday’s game against Oklahoma.
George Atkinson III did not make the trip to Norman due to flu-like symptoms, according to ESPN.
The sophomore running back is one of the Irish’s top playmakers, averaging a team-best 8.1 yards per carry (301 total yards in 37 touches). Atkinson has scored four touchdowns for the Irish, including touchdowns that were 55 and 56 yard carries.
Atkinson has also returned eight kicks for the Irish for a total of 155 yards. Last year, as a true freshman, Atkinson returned two kickoffs for a touchdown.
No. 5 Notre Dame (7-0) takes on No. 7 Oklahoma (5-1) in Norman at 7 p.m. CT.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 79546Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 30543Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 28179Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 26729Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7711Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7142Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 7088Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond
- 7050Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday
- 6632Oklahoma storms: 2 Shawnee men victims of deadly tornado
- 6243Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients