Notre Dame marching band performs at Noble High School
“We’ll run through what we’re going to do for halftime at the OU game,” said Dr. Ken Dye, before joking, “Is there a game today?”
Several hundred fans — Sooner and Fighting Irish supporters alike — crowded into Noble High School’s football stadium to watch the Band of the Fighting Irish practice their halftime routine and perform other popular songs between two Noble vs. Blanchard Little League football games.
The Irish band was invited to play at Noble High over a year ago by principal Frank Solomon and band director Fred Queen.
Hours before Saturday evening’s huge OU-Notre Dame clash on Owen Field, several Sooner fans clapped along to the infamous “Notre Dame Victory March,” which the band played twice — at the beginning and end of their performance.
The Notre Dame band is planning a “Back to the Future” themed halftime performance on Owen Field, and rehearsed it for the Noble crowd.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients