Rapid reaction: OU falls 30-13 to Notre Dame
Oklahoma lost 30-13 to Notre Dame on Saturday night in Norman. Here’s some rapid reaction:
Everett Golson answered OU’s impressive fourth quarter touchdown drive (which tied the game at 13) with a 7-play, 73-yard march of his own, finishing it off with a QB sneak that sparked a 17-0 run to end the game. Golson was impressive all night, showing no fear in a rowdy environment and leading the Irish to a huge win on a national stage. Impressive for a true freshman.
It was over when…
….Landry Jones’ fourth quarter pass bounced off Jalen Saunders into Manti Te’o’s hands. Notre Dame’s All-Everything linebacker snared the interception just before it hit the ground, boosting his sparkling Heisman campaign, setting up a big field goal and basically sealing Notre Dame’s biggest win in the past decade.
Star of the game – Notre Dame’s defense
Manti Te’o will get the majority of the credit, and it’s well-deserved, but the entire Irish front seven was dominant. OU had 24 carries for 15 yards (0.6 per rush), providing zero run threat. It was the deciding factor of the game.
What a game for Jalen Saunders. Fifteen catches and 181 yards for the transfer from Fresno State. That’s the most, in both categories, by a Sooner receiver in any game this season. Ryan Broyles’ career high was 15 catches (also a program-high). And he only did that once. That tells you all you need to know.
Stat of the game
For the first time in Bob Stoops’ OU career, the Sooners have lost two home games in a season.
Stat of the game II
OU is now 1-9 all-time against Notre Dame.
Quote of the game
“And Notre Dame is relevant again” – ABC announcer Brent Musburger late in the fourth quarter.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12959Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 12915Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12323OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10047Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8563Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6689Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 6158Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 5174Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5084Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4203'Hatchet hitchhiker' arrested after attorney found dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients