Five things you may not have known about Oklahoma’s loss to Notre Dame
- The loss is Oklahoma’s second of the season. Both losses came at home, making it the first team since 1998 that the Sooners lost two home games in one season.
- Oklahoma’s loss to independent Notre Dame ends an 18-game win streak against non-conference opponents.
- Notre Dame’s Cierre Wood ran down the middle for 62 yards during the first quarter for a touchdown. Oklahoma’s defense has now allowed just three first half touchdowns this season.
- Oklahoma wide receiver Kenny Stills had seven receptions – which gave him 167 catches in his career. He is now tied for fifth place with DeMarco Murray on the career receptions list in program history.
- Jalen Saunders made a lot of history that matched a famous wide receiver with the name of Ryan Broles. Saunders broke OU’s record for most receptions in a single quarter when he made eight receptions — previously shared by Eddie Hinton and Broyles. Saunders’ 15 total receptions also ties with Broyles for the most in a game, while his 181 total yards is the most since Broyles gathered 217 yards against Kansas last year.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Send me a copy of this email.