Sooners reactions to the Harden trade
Gabe Ikard’s parents and girlfriend decided they weren’t going to tell him the NBA news that broke during Oklahoma’s game against Notre Dame.
James Harden was Ikard’s favorite Thunder player.
It didn’t take long after the game for Ikard to find out via Twitter.
Here’s the tweet once Ikard found out:
I thought this night couldn’t get any worse. But then I was just notified that @jharden13 was traded. Are you kidding me?!
— Gabe Ikard (@GabeIkard) October 28, 2012
“I looked at them and I can’t say what I said,” Ikard said. “After looking at the deal, it seems like a pretty big win for us.
“There’s some sad guys because the beard is gone.”
Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops was also asked his reaction to the Harden trade.
“I’ll just say my compliments to the ownership with the Thunder, with Sam Presti,” Stoops said. “Everything they’ve done up there has been just fabulous. They know what they’re doing. I loved watching James but business is business. They’re all big boys and I’m sure he’ll be making money somewhere else.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6223Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5055Oklahoma City psychiatrist fined $25K for letting students write prescriptions
- 4821Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients