Freshman TE Taylor McNamara has shoulder surgery, will receive medical redshirt
NORMAN — True freshman tight end Taylor McNamara had shoulder surgery and will miss the rest of the season, coach Bob Stoops announced on his weekly radio show Tuesday.
The former four-star prospect enrolled at OU in January and participated in the spring game.
The San Diego native was one of three tight ends vying for playing time at the beginning of the season, along with converted defensive end Geneo Grissom and junior-college transfer Brannon Green.
McNamara started OU’s home opener against Florida A&M and appeared in the season opener at UTEP, but hasn’t appeared in any other games. Grissom has made six appearances.
Green has played the most of the OU tight ends, appearing in seven games and catching three passes for 45 yards, including an 18-yard touchdown in the fourth quarter at UTEP.
Stoops said Tuesday that McNamara will receive a medical redshirt, giving him an extra season of eligibility.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13704Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 13572OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9488Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 7226Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6986Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 5704Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5041Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5013Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 4557Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 4155Several factors come into play on whether Kevin Martin returns to Thunder
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients