Whitney Hand announced as Senior CLASS candidate
Per the release, CLASS is “an acronym for Celebrating Loyalty and Achievement for Staying in School. The Senior CLASS Award focuses on the total student-athlete and encourages students to use their platform in athletics to make a positive impact as leaders in their communities.
“To be eligible for the award, a student-athlete must be classified as an NCAA Division I senior and have notable achievements in four areas of excellence — community, classroom, character and competition. The complete list of candidates follows this release.”
Hand is one of seven returners to this year’s women’s basketball. She is a fifth-year senior from Fort Worth, Texas who is in her fourth straight year as a co-captain.
Hand was named as an All-Big 12 Tournament Team and All-Big 12 First Team member last season. She also earned CoSIDA Academic All-District honors.
Former Sooner Courtney Paris won the award in 2009 and Danielle Robison was one of the five finalists in 2011.
The women’s Senior CLASS Award winner will be announced during the 2013 NCAA Women’s Final Four in New Orleans, April 7 and 9.
Kayla Alexander, Syracuse
Anne Marie Armstrong, Georgia
Alex Bentley, Penn State
Brittany Chambers, Kansas State
Layshia Clarendon, California
Tiffany Clarke, Vanderbilt
Elena Delle Donne, Delaware
Skylar Diggins, Notre Dame
Caroline Durbin, New Mexico
Shante Evans, Hofstra
Jennifer George, Florida
Angel Goodrich, Kansas
Lily Grenci, Siena
Brittney Griner, Baylor
Whitney Hand, Oklahoma
Tayler Hill, Ohio State
Jacqui Kalin, Northern Iowa
Marissa Kastanek, North Carolina State
Kevi Luper, Oral Roberts
Anna Martin, DePaul
A’dia Mathies, Kentucky
Victoria McGowan, Stetson
Drey Mingo, Purdue
Ta’Kenya Nixon, Eastern Illinois
Kaela Oakes, Idaho State
Chelsea Poppens, Iowa State
Jaime Printy, Iowa
Sugar Rodgers, Georgetown
Rachel Semansky, Montana State
Naama Shafir, Toledo
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14804OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10332Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6926Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6240Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 6240Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5695Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4108Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 4061As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3840Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 3249Several factors come into play on whether Kevin Martin returns to Thunder
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients