Quick preseason analysis of Lon Kruger’s Sooners
Here’s how the lineup looks:
G Steven Pledger (senior)
F Romero Osby (senior)
F Amath M’Baye (junior)
G Isaiah Cousins(freshman)
G Je’lon Hornbeak (freshman)
M’Baye did sit out last year due to NCAA transfer rules, which means only 40 percent of last year’s starters would get the start.
This team is looking for 20-wins and a tournament berth for the first time since Blake Griffin walked around Lloyd Noble in a daily basis.
After the exhibition, the Sooners open at home for two games before a game on the road in Arlington and then they go to Orlando for the Old Spice Classic. That’s a schedule that could lead them to a fast start to 20.
Look to Osby’s versatiliy — that led him to average 12.9 points and a team-high 7.3 rebounds last season — to help Oklahoma coach Lon Kruger in his second year rebuilding the Sooners.
As for the freshman, Cousins and Hornbeak have great vision to find the open man in the lane. As for junior transfer M’Baye is like a kid at Disney World on the court, he’s just so excited to be out there playing.
That also leaves a strong set of players coming off the bench in freshman Buddy Hield and former starters like Andrew Fitzgerald and Sam Grooms.
Oklahoma’s exhibition begins at 7 p.m. tomorrow evening where the official starting lineups will be announced.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14355OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8524Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6282Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6264Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5946Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5763Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4015As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3625Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3377Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 3147Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients