Oklahoma football: Belldozer turns Blake Bell into possible record-setter
Blake Bell has nine rushing touchdowns this season. He had 13 a year ago. That’s 22 in 11/2 seasons. But it’s really 22 in 13 games.
The Belldozer wasn’t born until Oct. 29, 2011, when the Sooners won at Kansas State. So that’s six games last season and seven this season.
I don’t know the future of the Belldozer after this season. If Bell is the starting quarterback, OU might scrap the ‘Dozer to protect its QB. Or it might just run the Belldozer more than ever. Who knows?
But to this point,Bell is scoring about 1.7 touchdowns per game. Barring injury, he figures to have 32 more OU games. If Bell keeps up the same scoring ratio, that’s 54 more touchdowns.
Do you see where I’m going? Blake Bell has a chance to be the most productive touchdown-scorer in OU football history. I fBell scores 54 more touchdowns, that’s 76 total. The OU record, set by DeMarco Murray two years ago, is 65 touchdowns. The rushing touchdown record is 57, set by Steve Owens 43 years ago.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 23122Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10571Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6943OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5977OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5278Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5014Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3834Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3753Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3593Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
- 3185Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients