Nov. 17 Oklahoma-West Virginia game scheduled for 6 p.m. kickoff
NORMAN — The Big 12 Conference announced Monday that Oklahoma’s Nov. 17 game at West Virginia has been scheduled for a 6 p.m. kickoff, and will be broadcast nationally on Fox.
Play-by-play announcer Gus Johnson, color commentator Charles Davis and sideline reporter Julie Alexandria will call the game.
West Virginia began its first year in the Big 12 as a favorite to win the conference, and quarterback Geno Smith was the Heisman frontrunner for much of the early season.
But the Mountaineers have lost three games in a row — at Texas Tech, at home to Kansas State and another home game to TCU in overtime — causing the OU game to lose a little of its preseason luster.
OU is 2-2 all-time against West Virginia, and the Sooners have never played a game there. The last time they met was in the 2008 Fiesta Bowl, when the Mountaineers routed the Sooners 48-28.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 35659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 30844Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 14359Tornado levels homes in trailer park
- 7518Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6442OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3625College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3531Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3222Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
- 3222OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 3191Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients