Geneo Grissom back at defensive end; Stoops: Move to TE hasn’t ‘come together’
After 6-foot-4, 247-pound sophomore entered Saturday’s game at Iowa State on defense, an OU official said Grissom was practicing on both offense and defense.
Coach Bob Stoops confirmed Monday during his news conference that Grissom is still practicing some at tight end, but that defensive end is his main position.
“We thought it was really gonna come together, and it just hasn’t,” Stoops said of Grissom’s summer move to tight end.
“He still works it part of them time for our goal line and some of those packages … if something was to happen to Brannon Green, he can do it.
“He goes over there for practice time … but he’s back at defensive end.”
Green, a junior-college transfer, is the only OU tight end with any catches this season; he hauled in an 18-yard touchdown in the season opener at UTEP.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21139Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17655Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12237Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9661Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 9306Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8802Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8735Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 8608Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 5353OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5020Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients