Oklahoma kicker Michael Hunnicutt named Lou Groza Award semifinalist
Hunnicutt has hit 10 of his 11 field goal attempts — good for a 90.9 field-goal percentage, which leads the Big 12 — and has made 38 of 40 PAT attempts, giving him 68 points this season.
His longest field goal so far was a 42-yarder on Oct. 6 at Texas Tech, which OU beat 41-20.
A panel of 300 people will narrow the field to three Groza award finalists on Nov. 19, and the winner will be announced on Dec. 6 as part of the Home Depot ESPNU College Football Awards Show in Orlando, Fla.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12458Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11436Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6211Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5407Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4993Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4408OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3817Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3613How to help tornado victims
- 3586Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3014Oklahoma City Thunder: In his absence, Russell Westbrook's value becomes obvious
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients