Bob Stoops doesn’t want an on-campus statue of himself until he’s gone; ‘It would be weird’
Stoops can pass Wilkinson on the list with a win next weekend at home against Baylor, and would then need 12 more to pass Barry Switzer and become OU’s all-time winningest football coach.
During his Monday news conference, Stoops was asked if he’s thought about which building on campus he’d like to have named for him.
“Those are things … I’m just trying to get the next one (win). I’m trying to get the next this week and that’s it,” Stoops said.
“Truly, when that’s what you have to do, that’s all you think about.”
Stoops said later that he’s been approached about putting a statue up on campus, but said he doesn’t want that until he’s done coaching.
“They’ve asked and have it ready to go,” Stoops said. “I don’t want that at all. It would be weird to me. Not until I’m done. Who knows when that will be?”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients