Truth is the key to recruiting, according to Kenny Stills
Like Ryan Broyles. Mainly, Ryan Broyles.
“I’ve always said I came here because Ryan was here,” Stills said. “I knew Ryan was a veteran guy that I could learn a lot from.”
That meant catch a lot of passes. And that’s what he’s done.
A lot of talk this week, though, has centered around how well running back Brennan Clay, another member of the “Cali Trio” — Stills, Clay and safety Tony Jefferson — performed. It’s brought discussion of how the guys recruit new players — “Tell them the truth,” Stills said — and how they got recruited.
In fact, the truth is the reason Stills is a receiver in Norman.
“Ryan just told me he needed help,” Stills said about his recruitment visit a few years ago. “He told me straight up that he thought I could come in and help them.
“He wasn’t going to lie to me about it. The receiving corp. hadn’t done too well the year before, but if I came in and dedicated my life to it, I’d be able to come in and help out. That’s it.”Kenny Stills came to Oklahoma to play for those who came before him.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients