Catching up with OU’s Lon Kruger and Romero Osby
Three newcomers and two seniors look like they will be the starting five for Oklahoma.
Oklahoma’s men’s basketball team will play in its second and final exhibition Wednesday at 7 p.m. Freshman Je’lon Hornbeak and Isaiah Cousins, along with junior transfer Amath M’baye will join seniors Steven Pledger and Romero Osby when the Sooners take on Central Oklahoma at McCasland Field House.
Oklahoma beat Washburn in it’s first exhibition game last Friday. Before their second game, The Oklahoman caught up with the men’s basketball team to talk about exhibition games and the newcomers.
On Washburn’s rebounding: Yeah, they got some loose balls that we didn’t get. We just have to be a little bit more aggressive as a group. Just be more conscious as the shot goes up and more conscious of the ball going in.
On guys being confused on who was going to rebound it: Could be a combination of things. Partly that. And just not thinking all five guys. We’re not to that point where we really naturally figure that. I think we’re going to be an okay rebounding team but that’s an area we have to work on. It’s not a real big group.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients