The Semi-Tailgate blog for Baylor – Oklahoma
Windy day here in Oklahoma.
That’s possibly an understatement.
We all know it gets windy in Oklahoma, but a majority of tents were taken down – or not even put up at all because of the wind lifting them off the ground. That made for a tailgate scene of just a bunch of people standing around.
Still here are some sights and sounds from the tailgate scene:
- Walked through a lot of tailgates but first time I’ve ever seen an Oklahoma football drink dispenser
- Scalpers were asking $20 for a ticket.
- Lots of blankets.
- People were dressed in all sorts of things: turtlenecks for some, shorts and a non-sleeve shirt for other. Oklahoma weather is pretty weird in November.
- “Imagine a world without Stillwater” shirt.
- Kid dressed in a Kenny Stills jersey … with a mohawk … that was dyed.
- Not the biggest tailgate scene this year, but a great game day temperature.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15646Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9491Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8139Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7458Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 7219Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6377Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6374Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 5867Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 5666Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients