Norman Mayor Cindy Rosenthal expects to win friendly bet with Morgantown mayor
Jim Manilla, the mayor of Morgantown, W.Va., issued a challenge to the mayors of all the Big 12 cities with universities whose football teams play at West Virginia this season. According to the terms of Manilla’s friendly wager, the losing mayor wears the winner’s tee-shirt at their next city council meeting.
“This is a great way to welcome a new team to the Big 12 and I am happy to participate,” Rosenthal wrote in an email to The Oklahoman. “As university communities, we share many of the same challenges and benefits, so I look forward to exchanging ideas with and building a partnership with Mayor Manilla.”
Manilla won his first bet this season when West Virginia won its first-ever Big 12 game, a 70-63 shootout victory over Baylor on Sept. 29. But the Mountaineers are on a current four-game losing streak, which includes home losses to Kansas State and TCU.
Manilla wore a purple K-State shirt at Morgantown’s Oct. 30 city council meeting, and is expecting to receive his TCU shirt in the mail soon.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14862OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 11951Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 8347Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6661Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6166Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5685Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4422Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 4121Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 4098'Hatchet hitchhiker' arrested after attorney found dead
- 4034Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients